“The Limited Edition Charlotte Tilbury English Beauty and American Sweetheart Lipsticks Review
with Swatches and Comparisons to other Charlotte Tilbury Lipsticks”
My adoration of Charlotte Tilbury Lipsticks continues with a further two beautiful shades now added to my ever growing collection. Alongside Shanghai Nights (which I have yet to try), English Beauty and American Sweetheart form part of Charlotte’s Limited Edition 2017 Holiday Collection.
These 3 lipsticks in various formulas have the most adorable city themed packaging and are inspired by Charlotte’s favourite cities – New York for American Sweetheart, London for English Beauty and Shanghai for Shanghai Nights.
American Sweetheart and English Beauty instantly stood out to me, they are my kind of shades, and although I am a little late to the party since they were released last year, they were ones I knew I had to add to my collection before they disappear out of stock for good.
Charlotte Tilbury English Beauty Lipstick
- Shade – English Beauty is such a pretty natural pink nude lipstick. It is so wearable and is just a perfect everyday type of colour, what ever makeup you wear it with. If you are a fair skin girl like me with cooler undertone, and are looking for an everyday pink nude lipstick. Then this is one to try and get your hands on before it goes out of stock, because it works so well with our complexion. Its very much a ‘your lips’ type of shade, for some it may not show up too much on the lips, but on others it will give you that perfect ‘your lips but better’ go-to shade that you will find yourself reaching for everyday. Its beautiful, looks so pretty and is very natural without making you looked washed out. Even though it is Limited Edition I think this would be a fantastic welcome for so many in Charlotte’s permanent lipstick line. It’s described as the ‘perfect nude for an English Rose’ and I couldn’t agree more.
- Texture – In the popular Matte Revolution formula. If you struggle to wear matte lipsticks then don’t let the ‘matte’ part put you off. Charlotte Tilbury’s Matte Revolution Lipstick Formula is one of the very few brands I can wear in a matte texture – so many other brands just dry out my lips or leave the product looking all cakey after a few hours. This matte revolution formula is incredibly creamy, non-drying and soft yet still gives you that matte finish. I fell in love with this formula after trying the Sexy Sienna shade last Summer and now its one of my all time favourites of any brand. Hydrating, protective, with a square-angled tip which makes applying the lipstick so much easier and more precise. Its also long-lasting, buildable, whilst still feeling very light on the lips.
- Comparison – I think a lot of people will compare this to Charlotte Tilbury’s classic Pillow Talk and on first swatch I thought they were incredibly similar, however I find English Beauty to be a lighter more pink shade than Pillow Talk (which tends to lean a little deeper on me), its also very comparable to Miss Kensington. Both Pillow Talk and English Beauty are in the Matte Revolution Formula so I think it’s down to which suits your complexion more. I find English Beauty to be more of a nude pink than the new lipstick shade The Duchess and a deeper shade than Nude Kate which doesn’t really work with my complexion too well.
Charlotte Tilbury American Sweetheart Lipstick
- Shade – In the popular moisturising and glossy K.I.S.S.I.N.G formula, American Sweetheart is a naturally tawny pink lipstick with a hint of coral. On me this is definitely a pink/coral and I really like it. When you apply one layer the shade looks a lot more nude/pink with a slight burnt orange tone, but when I apply a second layer I think the pink/coral really comes through. If you like lipstick shades that lean more peach then this is certainly one to try. There is definitely an orange undertone in this lip colour but I love these types of shades for the Summer months, especially when I have a bit of a tan. This is the perfect day-to-night shade as it isn’t too bright or neon-like. Its a lovely soft and natural shade that I think will lean more rose/nude on some complexions, and a little more pink/coral on others. I love how it brightens my complexion too.
- Texture – I always think the Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick formula is so smooth and hydrating to apply. There’s a hint of gloss without being too shiny, its easily buildable and feels so light, non-sticky and moisturising on the lips. I love wearing this formula in the better-weather-months, and always find the formula to be surprisingly long-lasting especially through eating and drinking. Its a very comfortable formula to wear and one thats perfect for anyone with thin lips in particular. It also protects your lips from UV damage, its paraben free and has light-diffusing pigments to give your lips a multi-dimensional finish to create more of a full-bodied, luminous look.
- Comparison – I find American Sweetheart to be more rose/tawny than Coachella Coral or Sexy Sienna. It’s a deeper tone than Bitch Perfect and a tad more pink than Stoned Rose.
Shop The Products
*this post may contain PR/Gifted/Complimentary Samples. House of Paper Doll uses affiliate links in some blog posts, for further information please see my disclaimer.