With the launch of my Youtube Channel today (yikes, I can’t believe I have finally plucked up the courage to start one!), I hope to bring you a new Bridal look each month. For me there isn’t such a thing as ‘one classic Bridal look’ because what is classic to one lady maybe not be classic to another. Its all in the interpretation and how you perceive makeup looks in general. For my first look I have created this soft romantic Bridal Makeup look which is all about feminine pinks, softness, natural and light makeup as opposed to anything too defined or dramatic.
This look is perfect for Spring Brides, Cool Skintones and anyone who loves that touch of pink for their Wedding Day. Using a mixture of drugstore and department store products to create a long lasting, photo-friendly finish. For a full Tutorial and more detail look at how I created this look if you head over to my YouTube Channel, you can see the entire process from Skincare to Lipstick.
- Darphin Hydraskin Light Gel Cream
- Mac Lightful C Vibrancy Eye Cream
- Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm
- Laura Mercier Primer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
- MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer
- MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose
- MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
- Kat Von D Shade+Light Contour Palette (used the shade Sombre for Contouring)
- MAC Powder Blush in Gingerly (also as a light Contour)
- Benefit Dandelion Blush
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit – Surreal Light Palette – I used Surreal Effect Blush, Surreal Strobe Light Highlight, Surreal Light Finishing Powder
- MAC Omega Eyeshadow & MAC Copperplate Eyeshadow mixed together (can’t believe MAC have just discontinued Copperplate!)
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primer
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Eye Shadow Palette using these shades: Limit (on the lid), Nooner (in and above the crease as a transition colour), Darkside (crease), Dust and Burnout together (on the lid lightly to add a touch of shimmer), Strange (under the brow)
- Eyeliner – Darkside Eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette – close to the upper lash line and under the bottom lash line. This is the same colour we used the in the crease to use as an eyeliner to help tie the look together
- Eyeliner – Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Liner in Black Ink – line this over the Darkside Eyeshadow to intensify the line and wiggle inbetween the upper lashes to help create a fuller lash appearance.
- Mascara – Too Faced Better Than Sex Original Formula and Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Formula. I used the original formula first because I find this one creates a fuller more dramatic lash on me, then I applied the Waterproof version over the top to help seal the original formula, and applied the Waterproof version to my lower lashes too.
Real Techniques: Deluxe Crease
Luxie: 504 Large Angled
and of course not forgetting my beloved Beauty Blender.
Thanks for reading and thanks for watching x