Aaaaah Spring, how I love you. I think Spring just nudges Autumn to be my favourite Season. The Cherry Blossoms, warmer days, Easter Bunnies (and chocolates!) and that ‘Spring fresh’ feeling I just adore, plus its my Birthday Season! I feel like everyone is in such a happier, lighter mood once Spring arrives. We have made it through the long, bleak Winter and Summer is in sight, but Spring, you are just so charming and pretty.
Kicking off my new ‘Seasonal Favourites’ on my YouTube Channel – sharing my favourite Beauty, Skincare, Fragrance and Fashion items each Season. Here are the products both old and new that I have been reaching for over and over again through this Spring Season.
A little bit of Skincare and Beauty, with items that have become my staple. Spring also seems to be the kinder Season for my skin. I think a combination of better weather, combined with ‘less of a need to put the central heating on’, added with my usual panic into ‘health-kick mode,’ when I realise bikini beach days are just around the corner.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream – I still can’t believe I only tried Charlotte Tilbury’s skincare for the first time last Season. I have however, been devoted ever since and this for me is the stand out product in her skincare line. I know it gets a lot of hype, but I am one of those that will be hyping it too now. I wear this every day, it hasn’t broken me out, feels so gentle and hydrating on my skin without being too rich or greasy. I love wearing this under makeup and I feel it does plump the skin too which at almost 40 is very welcomed indeed. (Blog post all about this Magic Cream right here).
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Night Cream – Another of my Charlotte Tilbury skincare favourites. I tend to use this just once or twice a week in the evenings rather than every night. You only need a little and I really like to take the time to work this product into the skin. My skin always looks so much fresher and awake the next morning after using this product. It is all kinds of wonderful. (Blog post all about the Magic Night Cream here too).
- Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill Hand Therapy – One of my favourite Crabtree and Evelyn lines and largely due to the nostalgia this scent conjures up for me. This fragrance reminds me of my Nanna’s dressing table, where I spent many happy days as a child pretending to apply my Nanna’s makeup and playing with all her products. Whenever I apply this on to my hands it brings the warmest smile to my face. I love Crabtree and Evelyn hand creams because they are really hydrating and moisturising without being sticky or greasy. They absorb quickly into the skin too which is perfect for on the go.
- Essie Nail Polish – Spaghetti Strap – This is my perfect ‘Spring Pink’ for my nails. A soft baby pink that almost looks a bit like a French Manicure shade. Its just a pretty wash of pastel pink thats neither ‘too pink’ or too bright.
There will be no surprise that the majority of my Spring Makeup Favourites are Charlotte Tilbury products. I just adore her products and find they work so well for me, my complexion and my skin tone. I also love how quick and easy they are to apply, which makes getting ready in a morning a lot simpler and faster.
- It Cosmetics CC+ Cream – Not a Charlotte Tilbury product! I promise I do use other brands too! This has been my go-to for nearly 2 years and even though I liked it a lot when I first started using this, its been a bit of a slow burner, and now I absolutely love it. I know it contains some skincare properties but to be honest I use this really as a foundation. I love how natural this looks on the skin, yet has really decent coverage. It is also very long-lasting, has never broken me out, plus I love love love the tube/pump packaging – perfect for the handbag and travel. A product worth the hype in my opinion. (Blog Post).
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter – Ever since I went to the launch party of this product and had it applied on me by one of Charlotte’s amazing Pro-Makeup Artists I fell in love. I have used it every day since and think its such a staple and must-have item. I like to use this under my IT Cosmetics CC+Cream on my cheeks and it gives you a beautiful glow from-within radiance. You can wear it many ways which makes it such a versatile product too, I just adore it. If you are a Makeup Artist, this is an essential for your kit. (Blog Post).
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek To Chic Blusher – Love Glow – I have a few of the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek To Chic Blushers and this one in Love Glow is my favourite for Spring. I especially love the brighter ‘pop’ of pink in the middle. You can wear these blushers many ways too, which makes them a great versatile product. I normally wear mine with the outer shade along my cheekbones and the middle shade as a ‘pop’ on my cheeks, or some mornings I just get my blusher brush and swish both shades together and then apply straight to my cheeks.
- Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look In A Palette – Natural Beauty – A great product to have and one I reach for over and over again. There’s really only one product in this palette I don’t use and that’s the brown eyeshadow (brown just doesn’t suit me), but the other two eyeshadow shades are so pretty and neutral. I love the bronzer and highlighter (I find this to be slightly lighter than her Bronze and Glow duo palette which I also adore). A big fan of the blushers in this palette too. Its a great one to own. (Blog Post).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick – The Duchess – My absolute favourite Spring lipstick and one of my all time favourite lipsticks ever. For me, this is the perfect ‘pop’ of pink. Ideal for everyday, or day to night, for the office, for bridal, for just anywhere. I love how this wears on my complexion and skin tone. I hope she never discontinues this shade. (Blog Post and Swatch Comparisons).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick – Between The Sheets – I love this Between The Sheets shade for Spring too. I find it to be a lighter but slightly brighter shade compared to The Duchess. A great pop of pink without being too much or too bright. I often mix this with The Duchess for such a pretty girlie pink combination. (Blog Post with Swatch Comparisons).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick – Miss Kensington – A very pretty, very natural, shade of pink. I tend to wear this when I’m not really wearing much makeup at all. It gives my lips just a lovely wash of colour that is very subtle. It is often out of stock so if you are wanting to purchase this shade and you ever see it in stock, my advice would be to grab it before it goes again. (Blog Post with Swatch Comparisons).
I love lighter fragrances for Spring, and I think Spring has my favourite fragrances of all. My favourite scents just suit this Season so well. Slightly floral, without being ‘too floral’ – lots of jasmine, bergamot, some peach and patchouli in there too. Just my kind of fragrances.
- Gucci Bloom – My favourite ever perfume and I think this fragrance just encapsulates Spring in a bottle. Love everything about it from the packaging, to the scent, to the long-wearing aromas. Perfection!
- Molton Brown Jasmine and Sun Rose – This has to be my favourite Molton Brown fragrance as an Eau de Toilette. I wore this all through the Autumn and I love it so much again for the Spring months. If you like Gucci Bloom, definitely give this one a spritz as I feel like it has a muskier nod to the above fragrance favourite. Love the rose gold bottle as well, looks so pretty on the dressing table. (Blog Post).
- Molton Brown Suede Orris – This new collection has already made it into my Spring Favourites and in particular the Bath and Shower gel which is just stunning. Such a heavenly, exquisite scent thats not overpowering, yet leaves this stunning lingering fragrance. Everyone in our family loves walking into the bathroom whenever anyone has used the lotion or bath and shower gel, its just beautiful. (Blog Post).
Joining my Fragrance Favourites are my two Spring picks for Candles. Although I have to say that I find Spring to be the Season I burn candles the least.
- The White Company Spring Candle – This candles smells like you have just opened your window on a Spring Morning and in drifts the aromas of freshly mowed grass with some gorgeous floral notes too. I love all the Seasonal Candles from The White Company and this one encapsulates Spring to perfection. (Blog Post).
- Jo Malone Lavender and Lovage Candle – To me this is a gorgeous lazy Sunday Spring Morning kind of candle. The notes of Lavender and Lovage flow through leaving the room stunningly scented. (Blog Post).
- Oliver Bonas Velvet Green Constellation Makeup Bag – A Birthday gift last month and I just love this beautiful makeup bag already. Its very ‘me’. I adore the rich dark green colour and there is plenty of space inside for all my makeup. I tend to use pouches like these for my handbag and I pop all the items that would normally be at the bottom of my handbag into a pouch then I know where everything is. This is the larger size makeup bag, Oliver Bonas also have a smaller version in a beautiful navy blue colour too, very tempted to pick that one up as well.
Whilst I am definitely not one of those Bloggers or YouTubers that does lots of fashion hauls, I will start to bring in more fashion elements into my Blog and Channel over the coming months. To be honest my fashion is pretty much the same year on year. I am all about the pleated skirt and in particular at this time of year pastel pleated skirts.
Here are some of my favourite stores to shop pleated skirts from: