Hocus Pocus it’s Halloween! As you may have guessed I love this time of year and for my second Halloween Makeup Look of this year it had to be my favourite Witch of all….Winifred Sanderson. Hocus Pocus is by far my favourite Halloween Movie of all time and I adore the great Bette Midler so this is my little tribute to the 90’s teen in me that used to dance around my bedroom to ‘I put a spell on you’ as well as the Divine Miss M. I was lucky enough to witness Bette singing this as Winifred Sanderson at the o2 in London a few years ago and even more lucky to have spent a couple of Halloween’s with her, so Sissssssstas here is ‘my version’ of Winifred Sanderson and my Halloween Costume for 2017.
For me Winnie is all about the lips and rosy cheeks (plus the wig and dress), you could really go all out with this look especially with those cheeks and lips but I have tried to the keep the makeup colours complimentary to one another so it helps to tie the whole look together for me and my skintone. For eyes I almost went with green eyeshadow but changed it to a red/brown so that the cheeks and eyes were the same shade, likewise the lips were a red/brown shade. Here’s a list of the full products I used:
- Foundation: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation – I use the Shade 210
- Under Eyes: MAC Cosmetics Studio Conceal and Correct Duo – I used the Pale Yellow to brighten under the eye area
- Powder: MAC Cosmetics Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
- Eyebrows: Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Shade Slate – I use this eyeshadow for my eyebrows, I didn’t want anything too heavy on the eyebrows so this fills in mine in a toned-down way
- Contour: Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Contour Wand – I used the Light/Medium shade just under my cheekbones, under the chin and along the sides of my nose
- Eyeshadow: Blank Canvas Cosmetics Master Series One Eye Palette – this eye palette was ideal for this look (aswell as being a great one for everyday). I used all the shades along the top row of the palette for the eyes – a combination of Lily, Goddess and Core for the lids, Brazen as a transition colour along the crease with Hibiscus, and Carmin as a more defined and darker colour from the crease up to the eyebrow area. I also brought the shades Brazen, Hibiscus and a touch of Carmin mixed together down under the eyes slightly too.
- Eyeliner: Kat Von D Ink Eyeliner in Trooper – applied a thin line close to the lash line on the top and bottom of the eyes
- Mascara: Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Mascara – Applied both on the top and bottom lashes
- False Eyelashes: I applied the Red Cherry False Eyelashes in Demi Wispy to my top lashes
- Cheeks: For Cheeks I also used the above Blank Canvas Cosmetics Master Series One Eye Palette – I mixed the shades Brazen and Carmin together and used these for my cheeks instead of a blusher so that the eyes matched the cheeks.
- Lips: To begin with I used MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Lip Liner in Etcetera to mark out my lips in a neutral colour first, this helped to draw an outline for the lips which are abit like ‘doll lips’ keeping the product in the centre and going slightly above the cupid bow and slightly below the bottom middle lip too. I then went in with Bobbi Brown’s Lip Colour shade Burnt Red to give the lips the red/brown colour.
And here is my Hocus Pocus Winifred Sanderson Makeup Tutorial in full, I had so much fun making this video and recreating the look, the most fun I have had on any project yet, I hope you like it ‘Sisssstaaas’ and Happy Halloween!